Saturday, December 27, 2008

Some Q&As on Australian wines from my postings in forums

Question: Hey there. You seem very knowledgeable about wines. What good whites do you recommend? I am looking for a bottle under 50. Thanks a lot!

My Response: For white, I'll recommend Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand. They are refreshing with good acidity, good to go with seafood or even to drink on its own.Try out Oyster Bay or Wither Hill, you should be able to get them in Cold storage


Question: Hi winekaki, besides carrefour, where else do u recommend noobs like me to get my cab sauv fm? Besides kang ridge, wat other brands can i get??

My Response: You may try out Marketplace @City Hall. In terms of what brand to pick up, it really depends on your budget and taste preference.General rule of thumb, don't get anything below $20 unless there is a good discount. For $20 - $30 range, you might not be able find a good one, may try Yellow Tail and Wolf Blass though.For $30 - $60, you should be able to get a nice ones, try out Cab Sauvignon from Coonawarra region with brands like Hollick and Wynns. Also may try out Mad Fish Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot (one of my personal preference).

No comments: